Amritsar, August 4
A migrant labourer, identified as Gogoi (42), a resident of the Inderpuri locality, was electrocuted to death while working in a textile factory near 22-number level crossing here today. He was working in the factory alone when the incident took place. The deceased originally hailed from Uttar Pradesh.
It has been learnt that the ground of the factory was wet due to rains, which led to the incident. However, police authorities said that due to some reason, electric current came in the machine which Gogoi was operating. He suffered a massive electric shock and died on the spot.
Davinder Singh, the investigating officer, said that police had initiated action under Section 174 of the CrPC. Further investigations were under progress. The incident came to light this morning when another labourer reached the spot. Ravi Kumar, a relative of the deceased, told that police that he called the PSPCL authorities who said that current was running in the textile machines.
The people gathered outside the factory and alleged that the ground of the factory got wet after the rain water entered the factory. They said the PSPCL employees had asked them to stop the work till the land got dry and they repaired the snag.
All readers are invited to post comments responsibly. Any messages with foul language or inciting hatred will be deleted. Comments with all capital letters will also be deleted. Readers are encouraged to flag the comments they feel are inappropriate.
The views expressed in the Comments section are of the individuals writing the post. The Tribune does not endorse or support the views in these posts in any manner.