Gurudwara Baba Deep Singh Amritsar
Gurudwara Baba Deep Singh Amritsar: The immense Sikh researcher and saint Baba Deep Singh was mortally injured here when in 1762 the Afghan trespasser Ahmed Shah Abdali requested the Harmandar Sahib exploded and the Sacred Tank filled in. Baba Deep Singh, the best Sikh researcher of his time, took up the sword determined to reestablish the sacredness of the Sikhs most worshiped Temple. He alongside five thousand steadfast Sikhs battled against the Muslim strengths of Jahan Khan. Albeit vigorously dwarfed the Sikhs battled valiantly. Baba Deep Singh was lethally injured in the neck yet had promised to kick the bucket in the regions of the Golden Temple. Albeit mortally injured Baba Deep Singh could keep battling until he could advance toward the Amritsar (sacrosanct pool) where he at long last terminated.
History of Baba Deep Singh Gurudwara
Gurdwara Baba Deep Singh is situated outside Chatiwind Gate in Amritsar. It recognizes the unrivaled suffering of Baba Deep Singh ji who battled valiantly and dauntlessly alongside a huge number of Sikhs, whom he had broadly set out to cross his line attracted the sand, in 1757 to free Harimandir Sahib from the debased grips of Afghani trespassers. Sardar Jassa Singh Ramgarhia developed a remembrance to the renowned worldwide saint. In the nineteenth century, Akali Phula Singh supplanted the remembrance stage into a great gurdwara. The Shiromani Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee augmented and formed this essential gurdwara into the present complex in the mid-1920s.
place of beauty and peace which attracts tourists from all over the world.
Gurdwara Baba Deep Singh close to the Chativind Gate of the walled city commemorates the affliction of Baba Dip Singh (q.v.) of the Shahid Misi, who, originating from Damdama Sahib (Talvandi Sabo) in Bathinda locale to free the Darbar Sahib, which had been assaulted and despoiled by the Afghan trespassers, was mortally injured here on 11 November 1757. Jassa Singh (d. 1803) of Ramgarhia misi raised a commemoration stage on the site which was later formed into a gurdwara by Akali Phula Singh (d. 1823). Long under the administration of the relatives of Sardar Karam Singh of Shahid misl, it was given over to the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee in 1924. The encompassing bequest claimed by the relatives of Jassa Singh Ramgarhia was additionally given later to the Gurudwara Shahidganj.